- What is a cookie?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage advertising cookies at the BPP Coaching Inc
- Useful links
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology, such as a tag, pixel, or other web beacon.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our site
- Showing you journalism that is relevant to you
- Showing you BPP Coaching Inc products and services that are relevant to you
- Working with partners to deliver to you relevant advertising
Ultimately, this allows us to publish the journalism that you read on our sites and apps.
Other organizations also collect user information on our sites through cookies, tags and pixels. Tags and pixels, also known as web beacons, are similar to cookies but are collected through embedded images.
Using cookies and other technology allows other organizations to help us to analyse how our site is being used, measure the number of visitors to the site, and display advertising. To accomplish these goals, BPP Coaching Inc utilises cookies, tags, pixels, and other web beacons to communicate information about you to others. If you are a California or US resident, you may elect to opt out of all sales of personal information through these cookies, tags, pixels, and web beacons by clicking the “California resident Do not sell” link located in the footer of every page or by clicking the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button inside our privacy banner. If you are not a California or US resident, you can exercise control over this technology by visiting the “Privacy settings” link in the footer of every page. This page discloses all of our information sharing and gives you the BPP Coaching Inc user the opportunity to toggle on or off that sharing. In this manner, you may craft a personal data sharing plan consistent with your personal privacy values. For more information, please read “How to Manage Advertising Cookies” below.
Cookies that are used by the BPP Coaching Inc are referred to as “first-party cookies” and those that are used by our partners are “third-party cookies”. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website. There are more details about both types of cookies in the following sections.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use four types of cookies:
- Essential – cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to stay logged into your BPP Coaching Inc account and make comments. If you set your browser to block these cookies, then these functions and services will not work for you. In particular, we won’t be able to save your preferences about cookies.
- Performance cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our journalism and to improve our sites and apps, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything (details of how to opt out of it are below).
- Functionality – cookies that are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our site, so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience. For example, if you are based in the United Kingdom, we will remember this and make sure that you receive the UK homepage when you visit our site, rather than the US or Australia homepage. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our site, including the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below.
Cookies are a key part of how we deliver advertising on our sites. Among other uses, they allow us to show more relevant advertising to people who visit the caitlinvneal.com by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with our sites and apps. We can then show you adverts which we believe may interest you.
As you browse our site, some of the cookies and similar technology we place on your device are for advertising, so we can understand what sorts of pages you read and are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser based on these interests. For instance, if you have been reading a lot of sex educational articles, you may be shown more adverts for relationships from others.
We may also share and receive online data collected through cookies and similar technology with our advertising partners. This means that when you are on another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our sites. We may also show you advertising on our sites based on your browsing patterns on other sites that we have obtained from our advertising partners.
Increasingly, our readers fund us directly – either by buying a newspaper, or taking out a print or digital subscription or through making one-off, regular or monthly contributions. But to grow that number of supporters we are reliant on marketing, and we still rely in part on advertising to fund our journalism. Therefore, cookies provide vital services to the BPP Coaching Inc without sacrificing our independence or values.
How to manage advertising cookies at the BPP Coaching Inc
You can find information about how to opt out of the cookies provided by our key partners below:
You can further manage the use of advertising cookies and disable the sharing of data with partners for advertising purposes by clicking the privacy settings link in the footer of this page. However, if you are located in the US, please use the “California resident Do Not Sell button” instead, you can find it in the footer of every page.
This option will reduce the number of advertising partners with whom we share your data, although you will still see some advertising that has been tailored to you as well as advertising intended for BPP Coaching Inc readers in general.
It is also possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful:
If you would like to contact us about cookies please email email@example.com.